A lot of people tell you how to get a gig, but not the gig. Unlike jobs, internships (in general) are fairly easy to land, because some small shop in some small town or suburb will let you work for them for free. As a consequence, all internships are not created equal. Some internships, unlike the humdrum nobody-knows company internships, are the golden ticket that takes you up the glass elevator to the economic penthouse. There’re also some internships which let you guard any small island which is nature blessed but further less communication to the world.
However, if you’re someone who can really do with a vacation/job change/soul-searching right now, this option will appear to be the best thing ever. A luxury resort in the Maldives is offering a summer internship program with unbelievable perks like living in a beautiful luxury villa, get amazing discounts at restaurants, go for snorkeling and cruising. All you have to do is take care of the turtles!
The report of LabBible says the resort, Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu, which is home to Olive Ridley Project Marine Turtle Rescue Centre is offering a 2-week internship to anyone across the world where they’ll have to take care of turtles.
The work requirements mentioned on the resort’s website includes:
- Attending rescue missions to collect turtles in need.
- Observing surgeries and medical procedures.
- Assisting with the release of rehabilitated turtles back into the ocean.
- Interacting with guests who visit the center and giving them information on the turtles staying at the center.
- Attending any Olive Ridley Project presentation evenings.
- Posting on the Olive Ridley Project’s social media platforms, to update on your personal progress and show a behind-the-scenes look of the Rescue Centre.
- Feeding the turtles.
- Cleaning holding tanks.
The internship is unpaid but who cares when you’re already more for less. However, they will cover your flight expenses. Sounds like a good opportunity.
The internship is for all nationalities and no previous experience is required. So if this sounds like a perfect moment to have a luxurious vacation by the beach surrounded by turtles, you can apply here. Go chase your chance!