Aloe vera is being used since Ayurveda. Aloe vera has a glorious history of being used as a medicine and cosmetic over the last 6,000 years. Aloe Vera is extensively used in beauty products and for good reason. It’s got antiviral and antibacterial properties, and the ability to help treat everything from constipation to diabetes. Aloe vera is quite an incredible medicinal plant full of nutritional benefits. It is a spiny plant variety that grows even in extremely dry conditions. Most people use the plant as a growth enhancer for their hair by preparing an oil with it. In short, Aloe Vera is one of such plants which has the most properties which is used for human beneficial.
Aloe Vera has several medicinal properties, which include:
1. Makes the skin healthy. As it contains plenty of water, aloe vera protects the skin from ultraviolet radiation.
2. It lessens the inflammation in the joints.
3. The plant can prevent heart burns, treat abdominal ulcers and solve indigestion caused by acidity.
4. Blocks the growth of bacteria in the mouth. Helps remove the plaque formed. Aloe vera is beneficial to the health of teeth and mouth.
5. It Helps quick recovery from burns.
6. Aloe vera also helps the liver expel toxic contents. The plant boosts the functioning of the kidneys. The phytonutrients in aloe vera ensure that the proper number of enzymes in the liver is maintained.
7. It Keeps away the pain felt during periods.
8. Good bacteria in the abdomen are benefited by aloe vera. A type of soluble fiber in aloe vera helps the growth of these bacteria, which prevents constipation as well as diarrhea.
9. It has anti-inflammatory properties.
10. Aloe vera juice and gel have a number of phytonutrients and anti-oxidant compounds. These substances strengthen the immune system of the body and have anti-microbial properties too.
11. It lessens irritable bowel syndrome.
12. It treats sunburn because of its nutritional qualities and antioxidant properties, the skin heals quicker.
13. Aloe Benefits in boost the Immune System. It is also an immune enhancer because of its high level of anti-oxidants, which help combat the unstable compounds known as free-radicals, contributing to the aging process.
14. It can be used as an alternative to mouthwash. The plant’s original ingredients, which combine a healthy dose of vitamin C, can block plaque.
15. It prevents dehydration. Aloe vera juice contains plenty of Calcium which helps maintain the blood – fluid balance.
Cover Image: Source